The Lester B. Pearson School Board is building a bank of candidates in anticipation for future needs and is seeking competent, skilled men and women who are ready for the challenges of a career in Educational Administration as a Vice-Principal or Assistant Centre Director. We are seeking candidates interested in the Elementary and High School Regions and in Continuing Education.
We are seeking new educational leaders who:
• Have superior communication skills in English; and the ability to communicate in French.
• Have a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships that enhance understanding,
communication, and co-operation.
• Have demonstrated excellence in team skills, a firm commitment to a collaborative management
style, and effectiveness in resolving conflicts.
• Have a student-centered focus, with high expectations that each student will be given the opportunity
to learn in a variety of ways.
• Have the ability to involve staff, parents, students and the community in the identification and
accomplishment of the mission of the school.
• Have a polyvalent knowledge of the appropriate curriculum areas and a clear pedagogical vision.
• Have a good understanding of the regulations, collective agreements, Board procedures and policies
currently in force.
• Have demonstrated effectiveness in time management, planning, financial administration and
• Model life-long learning, and encourage and facilitate ongoing professional development among staff.
• Have a good understanding of computer technology; how to apply it as an educational administrator
and how to make use of it in the classroom.