Example of a six week teacher training program. (20/30 teachers)
Teaching staff: Teachers, Educational Consultants, Directors, University Professors, Student Services Consultants, School Principals.
- Course Objectives:
1. New curriculum and pedagogy (Quebec Education Plan)
2. New approaches and strategies for teaching English as a Second Language
3. Knowledge of pedagogical application (Brain studies, constructivism, Multiple Intelligence, New Reform, IBO, student evaluation and assessment (i.e. report card, portfolios)
4. Knowledge of Canadian culture and customs
1. Integrated teaching units (themes/plan)
2. Classroom assessment tools (rubrics, portfolio)
A bench assessment at the beginning of the course (CV, lesson plan, video)
A formative assessment will be done at the end of the ten-day period with a cumulative assessment at the end of the course.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
1. Location: To be determined
2. Schedule: To be determined
3. Instruction: 5 days a week, 5 hours a day, 4 days of instruction and one day of participation in cultural activities
4. Accommodation: Downtown hotel would provide a short walking distance to shopping and attractions.
5. Transportation: to and from determined location.
6. Costs: assumed by participants. Visa application, airfare, hotel accommodations, bus transportation and meals (lunches will be provided on days of instruction).
On-going support via email, videoconferencing, faxing, etc... As well, Lester B. Pearson Coordinator could visit the participating teachers to support and review new integrated classroom teaching application.